National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), a Constituent Board of Quality Council of India has been established with the objective of providing Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme of Conformity Assessment Body’s accreditation which involves third-party assessment of the technical competence of testing including medical and calibration laboratories, proficiency testing providers and reference material producers.
NABL is Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRA) signatory to International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC) as well as Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (APLAC) since 2000 for the accreditation of Testing and Calibration Laboratories (ISO/IEC 17025), Medical Testing Laboratories (ISO 15189), Proficiency Testing Providers (PTP) (ISO/IEC 17043) and Reference materials producers (RMP). Such MRA reduces the technical barrier to trade and facilitates acceptance of test/ calibration results between countries that MRA partners represent. NABL provides voluntary accreditation services to:
● Testing laboratories in accordance with ISO/ IEC 17025 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’
● Calibration laboratories in accordance with ISO/ IEC 17025 ‘General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’
● Medical testing laboratories in accordance with ISO 15189 ‘Medical laboratories -Requirements for quality and competence’
● Proficiency Testing Providers (PTP) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17043 “Conformity assessment — General requirements for proficiency testing” and
● Reference material producers (RMP) in accordance with ISO 17034 “General requirements for the competence of reference material producers.”
IAC Electricals Pvt Limited is a centralised testing laboratory for Insulator fittings, Conductor accessories, OPGW and Earthwire accessories. Our in-house test facilities are NABL accredited as per ISO/IEC 17025 for Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical testing of products.
Scope of various testing disciplines are as below :
1. Electrical tests:
• Heating cycle tests / Temperature rise test on compression type deadend clamps, Repair sleeves, Midspan compression joints,T- connector, Line trap, AAAC/AAC/ACSR conductors, PG Clamps and other types of electrical connectors.
• DC Resistance / Conductivity test on compression type deadend clamps, Repair sleeves, Midspan compression joints,T- connector, Line trap, AAAC/AAC/ACSR conductors, PG Clamps and other type of electrical connectors, Earthwire tension clamp/PG clamp/Copper bonds/MSCJ.
• Magnetic power loss test on all type of rigid spacers, Spacer dampers, vibration dampers, Pilot and AGS type suspension clamps.
2. Mechanical tests:
• Tests on locking devices
• Mechanical tests on components of fittings
• Movement test
• Slip test
• Dynamic characteristic tests on vibration damper
• Damper characteristic tests on vibration damper
• Fatigue test on vibration damper
• Compression, tensile tests /pull off test Vibration damper.
• Characteristics of the damping and elastic properties.
• Fatigue test on Spacer damper
• Resilient test
• Mechanical properties of metals ( hardness tests)
3. Chemical tests:
• Chemical analysis of ferrous and non ferrous metals
• Uniformity of zinc coating, mass of zinc coating and coating thickness
4. Insulator sets:
• Vibration/ Fatigue tests
• Mechanical strength tests