“Creating a strong business and building a better world are not conflicting goals – they are both essential ingredients for long-term success” – William Clay Ford, Jr. Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company.
IAC believed in making this saying a success! The company’s CSR activities are undertaken under the umbrella of the BD Garodia Memorial Charitable Trust (www.bdgarodia.org). Our Founder Mr. Man Mohan Garodia formed this charitable trust in the memory of his father Mr. BD Garodia. The trust aims at improving the lives of the downtrodden people. We have undertaken various initiatives viz. Adoption of four villages in the district of Midnapur in West Bengal. 80% of the villagers living in these villages were below poverty line. The company has facilitated these villages with the basic amenities of Health/Education and Infrastructure
- The company organises Free eye and health check-up camps and certain Eye/Hernia and Hydrocele operations
- The company has funded installation of deep tube wells for potable drinking water and Perennial irrigation. This has provided clean drinking water and increased the income of the villagers due to multiple harvests.
- We have trained the villagers on Computer applications /Tailoring/Knitting/Carpentry and Dance. This has given them the opportunity of employment.
- Solar Lighting is a step forward towards our concern for the environment.
- Free distribution of Tri cycles, Sticks, Crutches, Wheel Chairs for the physically handicapped.
- Mass community marriages for all religions
Our motive of giving back to the society urges to do more for the people in need. We have taken subtle steps and wish to make it happen in leaps and bounds!