Aerial bundled cables (ABC) is a contemporary concept for Over Head Power Distribution. When compared to the conventional bare conductor OH distribution system, ABC provides higher safety and reliability, easy & safe installation in difficult Terrain, reduction in Distribution losses, stability in voltage regulation and ultimate system economy by reducing installation, maintenance and operation cost. This contrasts with the traditional practice of using un-insulated conductors separated by air gaps. This variation of bundled conductors utilizes the same principles as overhead power lines, except that they are closer together to the point of touching but each conductor is surrounded by an insulating layer (except for the neutral line). The main objections to the traditional design are that the multiple conductors are considered unappealing, and external forces (such as high winds) can cause them to touch and short circuit.
In moister climates, tree growth is a significant problem for overhead power lines. Aerial bundled cables will not arc over if touched by tree branches. Although persistent rubbing is still a problem, tree-trimming costs can be reduced. Areas with large trees and branches falling on lines are a problem for aerial bundled cables as the line degrades over time. Due to the very large strain forces cracking and breaking insulation can lead to short circuit failures which can then lead to ground fires due to dripping of molten insulation.
Low voltage ABC has already been developed in several countries across the globe and promises to be cheaper, safer, more reliable, require less tree clearing and pruning, be more aesthetic, be less labor-intensive, require less maintenance and eliminate bushfires being initiated by conductor clashing.
The advantages of AB Cable accessories are:
• Relative immunity to short circuits caused by external forces (wind, fallen branches), unless they abrade the insulation.
• Can stand in close proximity to trees/buildings and will not generate sparks if touched.
• Little to no tree trimming necessary
• Simpler installation, as crossbars and insulators are not required.
• Ease of erection and stringing, less labor-intensive, fewer construction resources needed. It is also more aesthetically appealing.
• At junction poles, insulating bridging wires are needed to connect non-insulated wires at either side. ABC can dispense with one of these splices.
• Less risk of a neutral-only break from tree or vehicle damage, increasing safety with TNC-s systems.
• Significantly improved safety for linespersons, particularly when working on live conductors.
• Electricity theft is made difficult and more obvious to detect.
• Less required maintenance and necessary inspections of lines.
• Improved reliability in comparison with both bare conductor overhead systems and underground systems. Insulated conductors prevent accidental contact and supply can be maintained temporarily in the event of a suspension system collapse.
Considering the above advantages, IAC caters different types of AB Cable accessories like Bi-metallic Lug, Copper/Al. Lug, IPC Connector, Dead End Clamp, Tension Clamp Thermoplastics Body, Wedge Clamp, Suspension Clamp and more. IAC is a renowned manufacturer of Insulator hardware fittings for transmission line and substation upto 765 kV AC/ 800 kV HVDC system voltage, OPGW hardware fittings, Pole line fittings for distribution line, Earthing accessories, Conductor accessories for HTLS conductors. To know more about our products and the company, visit http://iacelectricals.com.